Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message notification sound goes to headset when paired

I have read in replies to other posts that it is a "feature" that message notifications go to a paired headset instead of the iphone speaker, rather than a bug. I have nerve damage in both elbows, it is very painful for me to keep a phone to my ear, and I keep my bluetooth headset on at all times. I therefore miss a lot of texts.

Can Apple add an option to allow message notifications to go to the phone speaker even when a bluetooth headset is paired? It would help people like me a lot.

Thank you.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:00 PM

Make a feature request here

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

but there is only one sound system and your idea may need two.

Similar questions

1 reply

Message notification sound goes to headset when paired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.