Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to Backup iOS 13.6 to OSX 10.15.6

I have recently upgraded to OSX 10.15.6 Catalina and want to backup iOS 13.6 devices.

As you know in OSX 10.15 there is no iTune and have to backup via finder but the iOS 13 device not detecting through USB cable. I can hear the sound of connection asking me for my pass code & Trust my Computer on my IOS device then nothing happened.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 3:08 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2020 6:25 AM in response to Bhartia

Hi Bhartia,

We're glad you've come out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help ensure your iPhone is detected and backed up.

We've got a great Knowledge Base article to share with you. Let us know if the information in this guide helps, under the section titled, "If you use a Mac":

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

We're here for you if you've got any questions whatsoever.

Have a great day!

Sep 3, 2020 10:24 AM in response to i_rina

Hi !

thanks for your mail & I tried everything as advised but it did not work. When I insert iPhone C with IOS 13.6 via USB Port to OSX 10.15 Catalina, I can hear the sound of recognition & on my iPhone the message Trust the computer appears & after trusting I enter my pass code but the device does not appear in the left side navigation. I have tried both ports, restart everything which I could do.

unable to Backup iOS 13.6 to OSX 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.