Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to entering any zoom percentage for a numbers document?

In Mojave, every once in awhile, I'll see an odd percentage in the zoom box like 116%. By then, I don't know what keys I have pressed or what I did with my Apple mouse.

I've read in this Apple community that it isn't possible to zoom in at anything but the presets. Obviously, that isn't totally true or I wouldn't be getting that 116% in the zoom box occasionally.

Has Apple added choosing any zoom percentage back yet? If not, why? Why was this dropped as a feature? On one post, someone said that "probably" 80% of the customers weren't interested but that's a "probably" with no source and I consider a dismissive response.

I'd really like this feature back.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 9:06 AM

Thank You for this tip. It's the best answer so far. At least I can zoom to odd percentages with my Magic Mouse now.

-Zooming in for a quick look works well with the Ctrl-opt-cmd and will tide me over.

-For the percentage a person likes often, to compensate for vision, while working on a document, I'll have to give Apple feedback on being able to type in my favorite percentage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Badunit

Thank You for this tip. It's the best answer so far. At least I can zoom to odd percentages with my Magic Mouse now.

-Zooming in for a quick look works well with the Ctrl-opt-cmd and will tide me over.

-For the percentage a person likes often, to compensate for vision, while working on a document, I'll have to give Apple feedback on being able to type in my favorite percentage.

Aug 30, 2020 5:01 AM in response to ZoomnWheels

With a track pad you can zoom to whatever. Using the menu item "zoom to selection" you can end up with non-preset percentages. Maybe there is a way to zoom to whatever with the mouse, too, that we are not aware of. I am using a track pad right now but try Cmd Option Ctrl and whatever would normally scroll the page with your mouse. When I do that with my trackpad it zooms in and out.

You can provide Apple with feedback by going to the Numbers menu and selecting Provide Numbers Feedback.

What happened to entering any zoom percentage for a numbers document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.