Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube and TrackPad on Remote

I have the latest Apple TV. It works just fine but as of late, when I go into the You Tube channel, the trackpad on the remote ceases to function so I can’t select anything within YouTube. Outside of YouTube, the trackpad works just fine with the home screen and inside all the other channels.It wasn’t always like this - a month ago I had full functionality of the trackpad but for the last week or so, it’s gone. Any ideas for a remedy?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 10:19 AM

I understood that you have the Apple TV HD, with tvOS 13. And that the issue is with the touch surface on the Siri Remote, and its interaction (or lack thereof) with the YouTube app.

Then that is where you do these steps.

• Force-quit an app. ➔ On the Siri Remote, press the Home button twice quickly. Windows representing each of the open apps appear in a row on the screen. In app-switching view, swipe left or right on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to navigate to a different app. Swipe up on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to force the highlighted app (the app in the center of the screen) to quit.
  • Delete an app. ➔ Highlight the app icon on the Home Screen. Hold down the Touch surface until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Delete.
  • Contact the app developer for app support. If the above doesn’t solve it, then use the YouTube/Google Help Center for further assistance.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 10:19 AM in response to ttibsen

I understood that you have the Apple TV HD, with tvOS 13. And that the issue is with the touch surface on the Siri Remote, and its interaction (or lack thereof) with the YouTube app.

Then that is where you do these steps.

• Force-quit an app. ➔ On the Siri Remote, press the Home button twice quickly. Windows representing each of the open apps appear in a row on the screen. In app-switching view, swipe left or right on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to navigate to a different app. Swipe up on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to force the highlighted app (the app in the center of the screen) to quit.
  • Delete an app. ➔ Highlight the app icon on the Home Screen. Hold down the Touch surface until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Delete.
  • Contact the app developer for app support. If the above doesn’t solve it, then use the YouTube/Google Help Center for further assistance.

YouTube and TrackPad on Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.