Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote swipe stop working in certain apps

Hi

I have a problem wherein some 3rd party apps the remote swipe feature stop working. If I move to the home screen the swipe works but for apps like YouTube the swipe doesn't work.

If I restart the Apple TV the remote will work for a few hours but then stop again in 3rd party apps.

Thanks in advance,

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Try this for any misbehaving app:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Zippi_

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Apr 12, 2021 9:16 AM in response to Zippi_

Greetings Zippi_

Since you mentioned the remote works as intended on the home screen, I would say the issue might lay with the third party apps in question. First, confirm that all your apps are updated. Settings>Apps> and make sure "Automatically Update Apps" is On. You could also try removing and reinstalling the apps. Second, make sure the remote is fully charged, Settings>Remote and Devices> Remote. You might also pay attention to what else is placed around the Apple TV. Other RF receivers or any obstructed line of sight, might interfere with the operation and cause lag or delayed response from the remote.

Apple TV remote swipe stop working in certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.