Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac mouse

The mouse on my iMac is not tracking properly. The cursor gets stuck on the screen and I have to use jerking movements with the mouse to be able to move it to where I need to, sometimes very slowly. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 2:28 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2020 2:43 PM in response to Joche123

You do not explicitly state that this is an Apple-branded, or third-party mouse, or whether it is wired, or wireless.

If the mouse ever tracked properly, what event occurred that afterward, it did not track properly? If it is a battery operated mouse, have you installed fresh batteries, and experienced tracking issues anyway? If it is a Bluetooth mouse, have you removed the mouse entry from the Bluetooth preference panel, cycled power on the mouse, and attempted to pair it again with the Mac?

If it is a third-party wired, or wireless mouse, did you install any vendor software with it?

Have you adjusted the Mouse Preferences tracking speed?

iMac mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.