Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving photos attached to message into iCloud

I receive numerous photos attached to messages. I want to save the photos into my icloud account. How do I accomplish this so they do not take up space in my phone's storage?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 1:35 PM

To save the photos within those messages, simply tap on the photo and you should see a mini-menu that gives you the option to save it. However, if you're saving it to your iCloud, this will not only take up space in your iCloud but also on your device as well. In order to save space on your device, be sure to use the Optimize Phone Storage feature under Settings > Name > iCloud > Photos.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 1:35 PM in response to oldnano

To save the photos within those messages, simply tap on the photo and you should see a mini-menu that gives you the option to save it. However, if you're saving it to your iCloud, this will not only take up space in your iCloud but also on your device as well. In order to save space on your device, be sure to use the Optimize Phone Storage feature under Settings > Name > iCloud > Photos.

saving photos attached to message into iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.