You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Apple cash requires the same Apple ID..." I have complied with this and it still doesn't work!

I can't sign in to Apple cash even though I have signed in to iCloud and iMessage with the same Apple ID.

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 1:52 PM

I spoke with Apple Pay support. They instructed me to attempt to send Apple Cash to another recipient and I was able to start to do that without the error message. So their solution was to delete the iMessage threads to the originally intended recipient and try again. And that worked!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2020 1:52 PM in response to yznbrgrt

I spoke with Apple Pay support. They instructed me to attempt to send Apple Cash to another recipient and I was able to start to do that without the error message. So their solution was to delete the iMessage threads to the originally intended recipient and try again. And that worked!

"Apple cash requires the same Apple ID..." I have complied with this and it still doesn't work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.