Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to link my IPhone X to ITunes

After re-importing my CD's back into ITunes I wanted to sync them to my IPhone. The phone has never been linked, so when I attached the phone I am asked to setup as a new IPhone, or restore as a backup. My Iphone has been regularly backed up, but ITunes states that the last backup was in 2017.

How do I link my IPhone to ITunes without loosing anything?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:20 AM

Hello ajm01,

Being able to sync imported music to your iPhone is a great feature, and we want to ensure you're able to do so successfully. If your computer has recently been updated, you've upgraded to a new iPhone, or transferred content to a new computer these options can appear in iTunes. With the options showing you would want to select on 'Setup as new'. This will not erase the iPhone in any way. We do understand if you have concern for loss of data and recommend backing up your iPhone using iCloud. You can find the steps for backing up linked below.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After you've clicked 'Setup as new' you'll be able to sync your music to the iPhone.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 9:20 AM in response to ajm01

Hello ajm01,

Being able to sync imported music to your iPhone is a great feature, and we want to ensure you're able to do so successfully. If your computer has recently been updated, you've upgraded to a new iPhone, or transferred content to a new computer these options can appear in iTunes. With the options showing you would want to select on 'Setup as new'. This will not erase the iPhone in any way. We do understand if you have concern for loss of data and recommend backing up your iPhone using iCloud. You can find the steps for backing up linked below.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After you've clicked 'Setup as new' you'll be able to sync your music to the iPhone.

Have a great day!

Unable to link my IPhone X to ITunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.