Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newest iOS Update

Recently, the bug in the previous update left me with little to no storage due to the Other category in storage increasing, at its maximum to 19.18GB out of the 32GB I have in storage. Now, trying to update, I deleted 2GB worth of apps off my phone. My Other category simply increased, but now I have 1.5GB free. I’m trying to update, but the only message I get is that I need 1.33 available GB.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 4:24 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2020 6:51 AM in response to fr0ggeth

Hey there fr0ggeth,

We understand that you've been unable to update your iPhone due to low storage and the Other category taking up more space than expected. We'll be happy to help with this.

There are specific steps to take for this exact issue that can be found here: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

This will guide you through your options for updating, either via a computer or by backing up and erasing. Once you update, the storage issue may be fixed.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Newest iOS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.