Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is an update available for my phone but I don’t have enough storage to dl it and have deleted other items but still can’t dl it. Is there another way to get the new update

There is an available update for my iPhone And q and I’ve deleted items so I can dl but still don’t have enough storage how can I download it

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:28 PM

You cannot add storage. You must clear off files on your phone to make room for the installer. The iOS 16.4 installer is about 6.4GB and you usually need twice that much free space for the install to work in replace the old iOS version.

This Apple article addresses your issue:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 6:28 PM in response to OdumDiva

You cannot add storage. You must clear off files on your phone to make room for the installer. The iOS 16.4 installer is about 6.4GB and you usually need twice that much free space for the install to work in replace the old iOS version.

This Apple article addresses your issue:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2023 6:51 PM in response to OdumDiva

"There is an update available for my phone but I don’t have enough storage to dl it and have deleted other items but still can’t dl it. Is there another way to get the new update: How do I add storage"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

There is an update available for my phone but I don’t have enough storage to dl it and have deleted other items but still can’t dl it. Is there another way to get the new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.