Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my HP Officejet J4850

My printer used to connect to my Mac, and I'd have no troubles at all. Then I connected a second printer to my Mac, and initially it worked and the printer updated its drivers etc and all was well. Then one day, it all went downhill and neither my home printer nor my work printer actually go through with a print job. It registers that the printer is idle, and waiting for the next job, but the printer doesn't actually start the job. Other laptops in the house connect to the printer but not mine. I did update the drivers on my laptop as well and nada. I. Am. At. Wits. End.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 7:04 AM

Be careful to get the latest driver for each printer installed. Clear the print queue for each printer.

Consider setting up each printer on WiFi initially by installing the driver while connected to the computer via USB.

Once each printer is on WiFi, their drivers can connected over wireless separately.

Going through HP's website I could not find your printer. Did you mean J4580?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-j4500-j4600-all-in-one-printer-series/3645081

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Saficrooks

Be careful to get the latest driver for each printer installed. Clear the print queue for each printer.

Consider setting up each printer on WiFi initially by installing the driver while connected to the computer via USB.

Once each printer is on WiFi, their drivers can connected over wireless separately.

Going through HP's website I could not find your printer. Did you mean J4580?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-j4500-j4600-all-in-one-printer-series/3645081

Can't connect my HP Officejet J4850

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.