Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP OfficeJet 2620 printer won't connect

I have a mid-2011 mac mini running High Sierra 10.13.6 and an OfficeJet 2620 All-in-One printer which I used with my previous 2009 mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. The printer worked fine with the older mini, but wont' work with the newer mini.

I unstalled the HP drivers which were transferred from the older mini to the newer one. I then installed new drivers from the HP site that were supposed to be for High Sierra. However, I keep getting the same "printer not connected" message when I try to print something. I've gone in circles trying to get help from the HP website's virtual assistant. It's been an exercise in futility. I've unplugged and plugged all connections, and shut down and restarted the computer. Nothing is working to resolve the problem.

The HP OfficeJet 2620 only uses USB to connect to the computer; it does not have wifi capability. Since it still works as a stand-alone copier I don't think the problem is with the printer itself.

Has anyone ever had the same or similar problem? Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi,

What happens if you try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, you may want to check whether the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US would work with your system. An HP Officejet 2620 All-in-One version 2.3.2 printer driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

EDIT: Just noticed that den.thed had mentioned resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer while I was composing my message.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Esther Le Sieur

Hi,

What happens if you try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, you may want to check whether the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US would work with your system. An HP Officejet 2620 All-in-One version 2.3.2 printer driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

EDIT: Just noticed that den.thed had mentioned resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer while I was composing my message.

Dec 31, 2021 4:26 AM in response to den.thed

First of all thank you so very much! I got the printer to work but through a very strange route, and just have to tell you and Jan. I read the articles and links, and proceeded to check for Apple updates as it said to do first. There was one for iTunes so I clicked to download and install it. The progress bar said "2 minutes", but it took at least 15 minutes. Then it asked if I wanted to restart the computer, so I clicked yes. It shut down and started up but was taking a long, long time to start up. I said to myself "Gee, you'd think it was trying to install High Sierra it's taking so long.. Finally a blank screen came up with a progress bar telling me I couldn't install the OS because of something about the GUID partition. What?? Did that mean it was trying to install the whole OS? It said to quit the installer to stop, or to click the button to restart the installation, but there was no "quit" button, just a "restart button. So how could I quit the installer? I couldn't get out of that screen to find out how to quit the installer. Finally I just did a forced shutdown by holding the power button down for 3 secs. Then I screwed up my courage and started the computer again, thinking it would probably do the same thing again and I'd be in an endless loop. However, as it was booting up, the printer started printing something I'd tried to print two days ago! I couldn't stop laughing. I have no idea what happened, but the printer is working and my computer/OS is working, so thanks again. Your info DID help, even if my computer didn't know if was supposed to follow the steps in the articles.

HP OfficeJet 2620 printer won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.