Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer HP officejet 2620

I cannot print from computer. I can scan and copy but it says "printer...waiting for printer to become available". I see that this has been a relatively common issue and even found detailed instructions in the forum that seemed to work for some. Nothing worked for me.

Then I have updated my OD to Mac 11.1 BIG SUR and... It seems that there are not drivers available! When I connect the printer, mac seems to recognize it, installs... but the problem persists and the printer gets stuck until it says again "waiting for printer to become available"

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:24 AM

The Dec 2020 HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS has support for the OfficeJet 2620. After you download and install this HP driver package, power on your printer, visit the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on your printer icon, and choose Reset printing system… This will allow you to re-add your 2620 by selecting the just installed HP drivers for it.

Unfortunately, this device is not supported in Apple's built-in AirPrint.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 9:24 AM in response to louce

The Dec 2020 HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS has support for the OfficeJet 2620. After you download and install this HP driver package, power on your printer, visit the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on your printer icon, and choose Reset printing system… This will allow you to re-add your 2620 by selecting the just installed HP drivers for it.

Unfortunately, this device is not supported in Apple's built-in AirPrint.

Printer HP officejet 2620

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.