Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove a language from Apple Watch

I had French as one of the secondary languages on my iPhone some time ago. Since a few months I removed it from the language menu. However French keeps popping out as the default language on the App Store app on my watch, and in other apps, but not all. Similarly I have two English options (English UK and English US) for iMessage (but not French) While on the phone I only have the US version installed.

Seems the languages are not properly uninstalled completely once they are installed.

any suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 7:41 AM

See Change language and orientation on Apple Watch

5 replies

Sep 2, 2020 12:49 AM in response to maurizioplll

When you use Dictation in an app on your Apple Watch, the dictation language matches the keyboard language for the same app on your iPhone.

For example, if you dictate a message on your Apple Watch, the language matches the keyboard language on your iPhone for that conversation. When you change the keyboard language on your iPhone for a message or app, the dictation language also changes on your Apple Watch.

There are two places that you can set system languages on iOS. One is for keyboards, in Settings > General > Keyboards. This sets the keyboards that appear when you touch the keyboard-switching button.

The other is in Settings > General > Language & Region

Can’t remove a language from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.