Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answering a phone call

No one can hear me when I answer a call via my watch

Apple Watch Series 3, 6

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:51 AM

First, try restarting the watch. And you should restart your iPhone, too. (You don't indicate the model, but I suspect you know how already. You should also be sure that you are running the latest OS for both your phone and watch.

Then, a couple of questions: (i) are you cable to answer the call, (ii) can you hear the caller; (iii) do you have any Bluetooth devices paired with the watch; (iv) have you taken the watch swimming recently; and (v) are you careful when you answer the call on your watch to only tap the watch once -- a second (inadvertent) tap will mute the microphone on the watch.

And apropos of the last item above, the mic on the Series 3 is opposite the side button towards the rear of the watch -- be sure that the tiny hole is not blocked with debris or, optimistically speaking, sunscreen, or something like that. Here's some guidelines on cleaning your watch.

If the problem remains, post back.

Good luck!

JDee

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 10:51 AM in response to D.Styche

First, try restarting the watch. And you should restart your iPhone, too. (You don't indicate the model, but I suspect you know how already. You should also be sure that you are running the latest OS for both your phone and watch.

Then, a couple of questions: (i) are you cable to answer the call, (ii) can you hear the caller; (iii) do you have any Bluetooth devices paired with the watch; (iv) have you taken the watch swimming recently; and (v) are you careful when you answer the call on your watch to only tap the watch once -- a second (inadvertent) tap will mute the microphone on the watch.

And apropos of the last item above, the mic on the Series 3 is opposite the side button towards the rear of the watch -- be sure that the tiny hole is not blocked with debris or, optimistically speaking, sunscreen, or something like that. Here's some guidelines on cleaning your watch.

If the problem remains, post back.

Good luck!

JDee

Answering a phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.