Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organising the Flagged folder with the Mac Mail app

As per the image below, i have placed a Green flag labelled "ACTION" on some emails. I also have another Orange flag labelled "WAITING" which currently doesn't have any emails.

The Flagged folder shows Blue for no reason, and this changes randomly to any coloured flag. Is there a way to pin my two labelled flags (ACTION and WAITING) on the Flagged sidebar?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 9:24 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem still persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 9:24 AM in response to canofdragon

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem still persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Sep 1, 2020 7:29 PM in response to Old Toad

Yep I've already done that step and understand this, but thank you. As per my original post, I already have another colour flag named "Waiting" and this is not appearing consistently; I can't pin it. A random flag of any other colour appears more often, despite it having no messages associated. In my original example photo, it happens to be blue:

Sep 1, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Old Toad

Appreciate your time and quick response @OldToad, but that’s not my question - I understand all that and have changed one of my flag names already, as per

my screenshot.

I want to know how I can only have my two used (and named) flags shown in the Flagged sidebar folder, not just some random unused one as currently happens - Blue in the instance of my screenshot, but changes all the time. Many thanks.

Sep 7, 2020 10:06 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi again, thanks for the suggestion. I performed that as prescribed, and during safe mode all seemed well. Then I rebooted and it also seemed well for a second - until boom! Little old blue flag decides to pop up. Sigh... This doesn't make any sense to me; why some empty flag folders appear, why not all? Of course I only want my named/used two as aforementioned.

Organising the Flagged folder with the Mac Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.