Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Diagnostics Error

I cannot run the diagnostics on my MacBook by pressing ‘D’ button. There is an Error and it says that I should contact Apple Support.

it started since I downloaded the new MacOS.

MacBook Air 11″, 10.13

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 3:16 AM

Hello aruzhan256

You could restart your MacBook into internet recovery mode by pressing Option-Command-R. Once you are in recovery mode, look at the top-right corner and make sure that the time and date is up to date. Once you update it to the right time and date, restart your MacBook and try to initiate the Diagnostics again. If this did not help, you could reinstall the macOS.

John Grace

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 3:16 AM in response to aruzhan256

Hello aruzhan256

You could restart your MacBook into internet recovery mode by pressing Option-Command-R. Once you are in recovery mode, look at the top-right corner and make sure that the time and date is up to date. Once you update it to the right time and date, restart your MacBook and try to initiate the Diagnostics again. If this did not help, you could reinstall the macOS.

John Grace

MacBook Diagnostics Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.