Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing Header Columns in Numbers

Trying to keep the first two columns of an existing Numbers project visible when scrolling across. The Numbers Help suggests the Format sidebar, table tab and then accessing the Headers & Footer drop-down. The only available option is "0." The numbers below that, 1-5, are grayed out. The other two options there, for top and bottom row headers, have 1-5 selectable. The columns not.

Likewise, in the Numbers menu bar across the top of the screen, pulling down Table gives the option of Header Columns - again, the numbers 1-5 are not selectable - only 0.

I know this must be a basic thing - just missing it.

Appreciate any help!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 6:58 AM

Mr. P. Thanks much for the help; that didn't change anything, BUT then I had a random idea which solved the riddle. The top header row has many merged cells. I unmerged the header row and voila - first two columns are now nicely frozen.

I do appreciate your response. Thanks much.

Regards,

Rick

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 6:58 AM in response to PRP_53

Mr. P. Thanks much for the help; that didn't change anything, BUT then I had a random idea which solved the riddle. The top header row has many merged cells. I unmerged the header row and voila - first two columns are now nicely frozen.

I do appreciate your response. Thanks much.

Regards,

Rick

Freezing Header Columns in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.