Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Bank Won't Remember My iMac

Since updating to Catalina on my iMac, my bank website won't remember me and always makes me request a special code to log in. Before Catalina this was never a problem and it is still not a problem on my Macbook Pro or my iPhone, which are running Mojave and IOS 13.6.1.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem? I've tried deleting the bank's cookies in Safari and refreshing them on the next login, but that doesn't work. In fact, when I delete the cookies they almost immediately reappear. If I click Done quick enough, I think they stay deleted, but I'm not sure. I can't find any other setting that might correct this problem, and it's not just Safari but Firefox also that suffers from this problem. That's what makes me think it has to do with Catalina's security (although it doesn't happen with our other banks).

Any help is appreciated.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 4:51 PM

That's probably good. You should only use an online banking app via private mode.

If you bank is vulnerable, there are still cross-site scripting attacks that can occur even with the browser XSS blocking.'

The fact that it doesn't recognize you may be inconvenient (and maybe not as designed), but it is more secure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 4:51 PM in response to rickat

That's probably good. You should only use an online banking app via private mode.

If you bank is vulnerable, there are still cross-site scripting attacks that can occur even with the browser XSS blocking.'

The fact that it doesn't recognize you may be inconvenient (and maybe not as designed), but it is more secure.

Sep 3, 2020 2:05 PM in response to Barney-15E

Hi Barney-15E,

Your idea of using private mode was a good one. By opening a private browsing window, then logging in to my bank account I don't have to obtain a unique code. It also made me think about banking security in general and I will now use private mode for all banking activity.

Thanks Barney,

rickat

My Bank Won't Remember My iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.