Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to my online bank account using Safari 16.3 (Catalina 12.6.3)

I am unable to login to my bank account using Safari. I checked on this forum and found an entry from at least a year ago with the same problem and the suggested solution was to use a different browser "until Safari is updated".

I used a different browser and was able to log in to my online banking account but I am wondering why the problem with Safari still exists, given there have been a number of updates since that original question.

I almost changed my password thinking I had done something wrong when I kept getting an error message on my bank login page. That is not very satisfactory Apple!

Hoping someone can give me an explanation.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 6:07 AM

Safari 16.3 is the latest version for your Mac.

Please refer to this excerpt from Update to the latest version of Safari - Apple Support:

If a website says that your browser is out of date

If a website says that Safari is out of date even though you're already using the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, there could be an issue with the website. If you’re sure that you want to use the website, contact the website owner or developer.

Summary: The bank's website is defective and only they can fix it. Refer them to this page, if necessary.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 6:07 AM in response to deniseam

Safari 16.3 is the latest version for your Mac.

Please refer to this excerpt from Update to the latest version of Safari - Apple Support:

If a website says that your browser is out of date

If a website says that Safari is out of date even though you're already using the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, there could be an issue with the website. If you’re sure that you want to use the website, contact the website owner or developer.

Summary: The bank's website is defective and only they can fix it. Refer them to this page, if necessary.

Unable to login to my online bank account using Safari 16.3 (Catalina 12.6.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.