Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My right AirPod has echo and static

My right AirPod—left is fine—has an echo and sounds like an old radio static when it comes to certain pitches, no matter what the volume or speed of the music is. Tried changing the noise cancellation and transparency, but no difference.

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 7:31 PM

bethblue12 Said:

"My right AirPod has echo and static My right AirPod—left is fine—has an echo and sounds like an old radio static when it comes to certain pitches, no matter what the volume or speed of the music is. Tried changing the noise cancellation and transparency, but no difference."

-------

Refer to these Thoughts:

I. Hearing Issues:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

II. Charging Issues:

A. Charging By Computer:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Networking) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be.

Charing By External Power

Try Another Cable. Also, try Another Power Outlet.

III. Faulty Device:

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

This may be a Faulty Device. So, contact Apple Support and request a swap-out. Right now, there is Send-in Service. 

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.
  • Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

IV. NOTE:

Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 7:31 PM in response to bethblue12

bethblue12 Said:

"My right AirPod has echo and static My right AirPod—left is fine—has an echo and sounds like an old radio static when it comes to certain pitches, no matter what the volume or speed of the music is. Tried changing the noise cancellation and transparency, but no difference."

-------

Refer to these Thoughts:

I. Hearing Issues:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

II. Charging Issues:

A. Charging By Computer:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Networking) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be.

Charing By External Power

Try Another Cable. Also, try Another Power Outlet.

III. Faulty Device:

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

This may be a Faulty Device. So, contact Apple Support and request a swap-out. Right now, there is Send-in Service. 

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.
  • Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

IV. NOTE:

Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

My right AirPod has echo and static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.