Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app started undercounting my steps

My health app started undercounting my steps. I do the same walk everyday, but my 6500 count is now 4800.

Are other people noticing a change in their step total?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 11:19 AM

Hello, GBNudell,

We understand that you're concerned that the Health App may be counting steps inaccurately, and we'd like to help!

We first suggest that you try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Once that has been done, check to make sure these settings are turned on:

• iPhone > Settings > Privacy > Location Services is on

• iPhone > Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness is on

Make sure that you keep your iPhone up-to-date with the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After all those steps have been completed, test out the Health app again. Try several places and distances as well.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. and have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 11:19 AM in response to GBNudell

Hello, GBNudell,

We understand that you're concerned that the Health App may be counting steps inaccurately, and we'd like to help!

We first suggest that you try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Once that has been done, check to make sure these settings are turned on:

• iPhone > Settings > Privacy > Location Services is on

• iPhone > Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness is on

Make sure that you keep your iPhone up-to-date with the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After all those steps have been completed, test out the Health app again. Try several places and distances as well.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. and have a great day!

Health app started undercounting my steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.