Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to icloud from Windows 10 PC.

I am unable to login to icloud from my laptop with Winows 10. I've tried Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox with the same failure for each of them.

I enter my appleid and password and it seems successful because for a brief moment I get the screen that shows all the Apple stuff (Notes, Calendar, Mail, etc.) and then it fades and dies to be replaced by the sign-in.

I have purposely avoided enabling 2-factor anything because I work overseas offshore and am unable to receive a text message.

I am able to sign into Notes, Mail, Calendar and all the rest from my iPhone with no issue. This appears to be a problem with accessing the icloud from a Windows platform. Can anyone advise on a solution?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:39 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2020 7:56 PM in response to Rettna

Being that I'm in Canada ... I enabled the 2-factor authentication to see if it was the answer. It made no difference.

I turned off 2-factor authentication and still no difference.

All the while I've been able to use icloud mail and notes and everything else on my iPhone.

I'm beginning to think that Apple has decided the icloud should only be used by Apple devices.

Unable to login to icloud from Windows 10 PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.