Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud "problem messages" on my iMac.

I am having trouble with iCloud on my iMac desktop machine. A series of error messages appear saying, "This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "my username", and "Photos for the iCloud account cannot be accessed". A third message says "Please enter your password for "my email address", and when I enter my password it says that it is not correct, but it is. The first two messages continue to appear sporatically while I am using my iMac, after I have closed them by choosing "Later", or "Cancel" as a reply. How did this problem arise and how can I fix it? Only my iPhone is listed under iCloud as a "listed" device, not my iMac desktop computer, but I believe that my computer is being automatically backed up to iCloud anyway. Does that sound correct?

Thanks,

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 1:33 PM

Hello Yodar_Kritch,

We see that you're having some trouble with your iCloud account. We'd be happy to assist!

First, could we please have you follow these steps to check if your Mac is currently signed in to the iCloud account: Sign in with your Apple ID

If not, please sign in and let us know if that seems to resolve this.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 1:33 PM in response to Yodar_Kritch

Hello Yodar_Kritch,

We see that you're having some trouble with your iCloud account. We'd be happy to assist!

First, could we please have you follow these steps to check if your Mac is currently signed in to the iCloud account: Sign in with your Apple ID

If not, please sign in and let us know if that seems to resolve this.

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2021 7:11 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph_S.

I signed into iCloud with my Apple ID and Password on my iMac desktop computer as your suggested. The sign in went well and my iCloud account opened fine and displayed all the icons for the Account Settings. My name appeared in the upper right hand corner of the window.

Next, I clicked on the phrase "Account Settings" , which appeared directly under where it said "Good Evening Gary", and a new Settings window opened. This window displayed three categories, "Storage", "My Devices", and "Advanced". The unusual thing that I noticed right away, was the fact that under the "My Devices" category, only my iPhone SE was listed. It did not list my iMac computer as one of my devices, even thought I had logged into iCloud on that computer, per your suggestion, before starting to run these tests. It is on my iMac computer that this problem is taking place, and on which I am constantly seeing the error messages displayed, which refer to a problem connecting to or using my iCloud account, in connection with my iMac.

One message says, "This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with (displays my correct user name)". "Open iCloud preferences to fix the problem".

Another says, "Photos for the iCloud account (displays my correct user name)" cannot be accessed. Review your account information in System Preferences".

I have tried to follow these instructions without any success, and that is why I am asking for your help.

How can I add my iMac to my list of iCloud devices, so that this problem is solved? I would also like to be able to backup my iMac to iCloud automatically, in the same way that I am able to backup my iPhone currently. I am running OSX 10.9.5, if that is of any importance.

Thank you.

iCloud "problem messages" on my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.