Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro blinking white light, won’t pair.

Recently had both ear pieces replaced under warranty at the Apple store. They did not replace the case. They said leave the earpieces in the case plugged in for about an hour. I did that and then attempted to pair them to my iPhone X.

When opening the case (with earpieces in it), the light flashes while, but the Connect animation won’t come up. Phone won’t see them in the Bluetooth settings. Tried cycling Bluetooth. Forgot the device in the Bluetooth settings and attempted to reset the AirPods by opening the case and holding the button for 15 seconds. Light will flash Orange about 4 times then go back to flashing white with no Connect animation.

Restarted the phone. No joy.

Reset network settings. No joy.

Case still just blinks white.

I really, REALLY don’t wanna have to reset the whole phone and restore it.

Any ideas???

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:57 AM

My left airpod wasn’t working so I went into my Bluetooth settings and clicked on

forget device. They’re now flashing white but they are not connecting to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have the AirPod pro’s. I have restarted my phone aswell and they are still not coming up on my Bluetooth settings to connect them

Similar questions

23 replies

Nov 9, 2020 5:43 PM in response to jkdman123

Yes there is a solution. I have had several AirPod pros sent to me as replacements and they can be a joke to get paired if they have been paired before which all replacements are used and rebuilt to OEM.

1. Make sure you have power connected before you try this and have case near iPhone during these steps.

2.Open case with airpods inserted. If white light is pulsing remove each AirPod one at a time. Case should still be open.

3.Insert 1 airpod pro. Wait and iPhone should see the airpod pro case. You can insert the other airpod pro and follow instructions on the iPhone.

I have done this many times and I agree they can be a pain.

Jan 4, 2021 7:27 AM in response to jkdman123

Found This On Reddit. Worked For Me and Many Others.

• In your Bluetooth settings, forget the AirPods.

• Shut off your phone completely.

• Factory reset your AirPods by holding the button on the back of the charging case until the amber light flashes three times.

• Do a hard reset on your phone by holding down the power and home button (or power and volume up button depending on your iPhone model) until the Apple logo screen blinks twice.

• Unlock your iPhone, open up the charging case and you should be good to go.

Jan 4, 2021 7:28 AM in response to jkdman123

• In your Bluetooth settings, forget the AirPods.

• Shut off your phone completely.

• Factory reset your AirPods by holding the button on the back of the charging case until the amber light flashes three times.

• Do a hard reset on your phone by holding down the power and home button (or power and volume up button depending on your iPhone model) until the Apple logo screen blinks twice.

• Unlock your iPhone, open up the charging case and you should be good to go.

AirPods Pro blinking white light, won’t pair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.