Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export interlaced footage as progressive from FCPX?

Hi

I have interlaced footage that must be exported as progressisve to be used properly elsewhere.

What settings should I use? Preferably a ProRes codec.

Should I create a progressive project and export that?

best

L mr

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 6:24 AM

Then I guess projects is the way, though I don't see why you'd lose frames, especially if you left the selections loose. If they're going to be reprocessed then I'd definitely go with ProRes. Are you delivering this to someone? What do they want?

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 4, 2020 6:08 AM in response to elmerlang

Whenever I use 1440x1080 footage I manually create a 1920x1080p project.

This is to ensure that the footage is always seen as 1920x1080 and doesn't have to rely on some code embedded in it to remind the player how to display it . . . . which may not work properly in future.

Furthermore I export it as an H.264 Masterfile which is comparatively small and the quality is indistinguishable from the original.

Somebody may be able to prove that ProRes would be better but we would be in the realms of splitting hairs.

How to export interlaced footage as progressive from FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.