Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when updating Catalina from 10.15.4 to 10.15.6

I'm getting this error every time I try to update MacOS from 10.15.4 to 10.15.6.

I have more than 500GB ouf ot 1TB available on Fusion drive so it doesn't seem like storage issue.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 12:42 PM

I think you need this, Download and Install macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update, in order to update from 15.4 to 15.6. You downloaded the wrong updater.

Please repair your drive before installing:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 12:42 PM in response to alex15inch

I think you need this, Download and Install macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update, in order to update from 15.4 to 15.6. You downloaded the wrong updater.

Please repair your drive before installing:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Error when updating Catalina from 10.15.4 to 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.