Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync option greyed out for older iPod

I have an older iPod (Model MB245C, Version 1.1.3 PC). I am using a PC with Windows 10, iTunes version 12.10.8.5. The iPod does show up in iTunes in Devices, and I can see the song list on the iPod. However, I cannot sync the iPod. When I choose "File, Devices", the Sync option is greyed out. If I just click on the device name, the screen just changes to the "Recently Added" screen. The Summary screen for the iPod itself doesn't even appear. I still want to use this iPod. Please do not tell me to reboot my computer, lol.

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 1:03 PM

No, the Summary page does not come up. The only function I can perform from the icon is to disconnect the device.

That said, I stumbled upon a work-around. I have an old laptop running Windows Vista with an old version of iTunes. Upon opening iTunes an option appeared to upgrade the iTunes software and I chose “no”. The older version of iTunes works just fine with the Nano, I was able to sync it & reload music with no issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 1:03 PM in response to turingtest2

No, the Summary page does not come up. The only function I can perform from the icon is to disconnect the device.

That said, I stumbled upon a work-around. I have an old laptop running Windows Vista with an old version of iTunes. Upon opening iTunes an option appeared to upgrade the iTunes software and I chose “no”. The older version of iTunes works just fine with the Nano, I was able to sync it & reload music with no issues.

Sync option greyed out for older iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.