Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages cannot assign shortcut for paragraph style

I am trying to define keyboard shortcut for my paragraph style. When I go to my paragraph style and hover over shortcut, all the options turn gray and I am not able to assign to any of F1-F8.

I am using the latest Pages available for my Mac. Any solution for this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:55 PM

What works here is:

1-Select text with the style to which you want to assign a keyboard shortcut:

2-Click the downward-pointing triangle at the right to show the style list and hover over the > next to your style:

3-Assign a shortcut:

Now selecting text and hitting F1 will apply that style to a paragraph.

SG

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 11:55 PM in response to zhongzachary

What works here is:

1-Select text with the style to which you want to assign a keyboard shortcut:

2-Click the downward-pointing triangle at the right to show the style list and hover over the > next to your style:

3-Assign a shortcut:

Now selecting text and hitting F1 will apply that style to a paragraph.

SG

Sep 12, 2020 12:39 PM in response to SGIII

Sorry, maybe I didn't state it clearer in my question. The options F1-F8 gray out, so I was not able to select any of them.

Please note that I created a lot of custom paragraph styles when I was making this document. That may cause the shortcut options to gray out (a bug maybe?). Fortunately, I was able to resolve this issue by creating a custom template and create a new Pages using that template.

Pages cannot assign shortcut for paragraph style

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.