Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you plug in headphones to the 3.5mm headphone jack to USB C adapter, and then plug this USB adapter with headphones plugged in, to, the USB C multi adapter(hdmi, usb c, usb a) through USB C female socket, and this multi adapter to iPad?

Ipad pro 12.9 3rd generation 2018. Can you plug in headphones to the 3.5mm headphone jack to USB C adapter, and then plug this USB adapter with headphones plugged in, to, the USB C multi adapter(hdmi, usb c, usb a) through USB C female socket, and this multi adapter to iPad? Is it possible to make it work? Can anyone help? Thanks...

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:33 AM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2020 4:29 AM in response to askbarnabas

Both the multi adapter, and the 3.5mm adapter are original apple products, and, yes it does work without the multi adapter, but I want to be able to use it this way, since I want to use the usb-a port to connect my guitar to ipad and hear the sound coming from garageband through the headphones via the usb c port at the same time. If you have any other solutions for this, it would fit me as well

There is iRig for this purpose I know, but dont want to pay for it.

I mean like that:

Can you plug in headphones to the 3.5mm headphone jack to USB C adapter, and then plug this USB adapter with headphones plugged in, to, the USB C multi adapter(hdmi, usb c, usb a) through USB C female socket, and this multi adapter to iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.