Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud contacts group is missing

In contacts settings, I cannot choose iCloud as the default because it isn’t listed. I have done all of the checking - iCloud contacts are turned on, correct Apple ID, turned iCloud contacts off and on after rebooting phone, and signed out of the Apple account and back in. None of these as instructed by Apple have brought the iCloud contacts as a selection for default groups. It only shows Gmail and On my iPhone as options, and all of my contacts are actually in my iPhone not Gmail. I’ve also tried turning off Gmail contacts and going through all of the processes again and it made no difference. Any ideas?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:54 AM

Well, I looked at several other forums with people that had the same problem (calendars and other items do sync in iCloud), and there were no answers. So I gave that up, changed my default contacts account to gmail, found an app that would save my contacts, turned off iCloud contacts and selected delete all contacts off of my iPhone when prompted, restored contacts from the app, and they went to gmail (were all on my iPhone) group where they now sync perfectly with all devices. Strange that iCloud just would never work, but at least I found a solution. Thought this might help someone else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 6:54 AM in response to carrolls

Well, I looked at several other forums with people that had the same problem (calendars and other items do sync in iCloud), and there were no answers. So I gave that up, changed my default contacts account to gmail, found an app that would save my contacts, turned off iCloud contacts and selected delete all contacts off of my iPhone when prompted, restored contacts from the app, and they went to gmail (were all on my iPhone) group where they now sync perfectly with all devices. Strange that iCloud just would never work, but at least I found a solution. Thought this might help someone else.

iCloud contacts group is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.