Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri won’t open YouTube

When I asked Siri, “Hey Siri, open YouTube”, Siri only replied “YouTube hasn’t added support for that yet.” I find that really annoying because that command never failed before I updated to iOS 13.7. Is there a fix for this issue?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:50 AM

Hey,

I had the same problem when I updated my iOS version, however There’s a solution. (Well, sort of / it will open the app on the subscriptions page and not the home page)

1. open your YouTube app
  2. press the top right corner to go to your profile
  3. press settings
  4. On settings search for ‘siri shortcuts’
  5. Now there’s a menu with several options.
  6. press on ‘open subscriptions page’
  7. Now you have an option to type a phrase (‘when I say’) - type ‘Open YouTube’.
  8. save to shortcuts
  9. close YouTube
  10. say ‘hey siri open YouTube’ - the app will open. Only different it’ll open on your subscriptions page and not the home screen.

you can type any phrase you want and also there’s more options on that menu as you can see.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 7:50 AM in response to solarpowa1

Hey,

I had the same problem when I updated my iOS version, however There’s a solution. (Well, sort of / it will open the app on the subscriptions page and not the home page)

1. open your YouTube app
  2. press the top right corner to go to your profile
  3. press settings
  4. On settings search for ‘siri shortcuts’
  5. Now there’s a menu with several options.
  6. press on ‘open subscriptions page’
  7. Now you have an option to type a phrase (‘when I say’) - type ‘Open YouTube’.
  8. save to shortcuts
  9. close YouTube
  10. say ‘hey siri open YouTube’ - the app will open. Only different it’ll open on your subscriptions page and not the home screen.

you can type any phrase you want and also there’s more options on that menu as you can see.

Siri won’t open YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.