Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my movies collection

Hello,

As I am commuting between the countries quite often I had to switch my region to make the payment to watch some movie. After switching region I did lost my whole library and after buying another movie I cannot watch it in demanded language.

What should I do to get it back, is it even possible?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:43 AM

Apple services are for use “in your home country”, per the terms & conditions.

Commuting itself isn’t so much of an issue for iTunes Store content, but changing the region of your Apple ID account is. Then you change the region of the iTunes Store as well, along with its changes in content. Some titles may not be available there, or with different language audio and subtitles, or not be available as the same Store item.

Changing the region of your Apple ID account back to what it was, will also restore the library. Libraries could be considered region dependent.

The only way around this ‘split’ is to use downloaded files. (Re-)download apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 6:43 AM in response to tenchleb

Apple services are for use “in your home country”, per the terms & conditions.

Commuting itself isn’t so much of an issue for iTunes Store content, but changing the region of your Apple ID account is. Then you change the region of the iTunes Store as well, along with its changes in content. Some titles may not be available there, or with different language audio and subtitles, or not be available as the same Store item.

Changing the region of your Apple ID account back to what it was, will also restore the library. Libraries could be considered region dependent.

The only way around this ‘split’ is to use downloaded files. (Re-)download apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Lost my movies collection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.