Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder View.....Where is the date of the file?

Recently since the last update/downgrade? of the Apple OS to 10.15.6, I have noticed that whenever I go to the "Finder" to look for a file, I "No Longer" see the date the file was uploaded/modified. Why is this now happening? And is there a way to be able to view the date of the file "At All Times"????

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 1:37 PM

If you are in List view:

You can edit the View Options for a Finder windows to show the details that you would like to see, and that can differ per folder.

Bring focus to a Finder window. Then menu View﹥Show View Options ⌘J. A new floating settings window will appear where you can select the listed details by checkboxes.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 1:37 PM in response to Fred Davenport

If you are in List view:

You can edit the View Options for a Finder windows to show the details that you would like to see, and that can differ per folder.

Bring focus to a Finder window. Then menu View﹥Show View Options ⌘J. A new floating settings window will appear where you can select the listed details by checkboxes.

Sep 6, 2020 1:46 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I am in Final Cut Pro, Lightroom, Photos (you name it) or any other app and when I go to import a file/photo/image/video there is not way to view the files I want to import by date as the date column is NOT visible.

I get it about being in finder, but when in another APP (like Photos), when I go to try to import a photo/image there is no way to see the files by date/most recent.

This is very new since one of the recent updates? to the OS.

Finder View.....Where is the date of the file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.