Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Randomly Looses One Audio Channel

I've been having an odd issue with my Apple TV 4K. Randomly when starting a show regardless of the streaming app the show will loose an audio channel. I will try a different show in a different app say going from Netflix to the PBS app only to find the issue there. I have tried changing the Audio settings and it will happen on Auto, Dolby 5.1, and Stereo (the options it shows available). I try restarting the device and sometimes it goes away and sometimes it persists. My Apple TV is connected to a soundbar via HDMI. I have tried bypassing the soundbar and going straight into the TV only to find the issue there too. I have tried different HDMI cables (both high end and average) going from the Apple TV to the soundbar and then going from the Apple TV straight to the TV with no change. I have also tried performing a complete reset on the Apple TV to no avail. Also, the issue has persisted through tvOS updates and version upgrades.

Like I said above the issue is random and have not been able to identify the cause with all of the troubleshooting I have done.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:47 AM

Hey whereismyusername,

It sounds like you're having some issues with sound on your Apple TV 4K. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We can help get you pointed in the right direction.

It looks like you've tried some great troubleshooting steps already. For the best assistance going forward, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 10:47 AM in response to whereismyusername

Hey whereismyusername,

It sounds like you're having some issues with sound on your Apple TV 4K. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We can help get you pointed in the right direction.

It looks like you've tried some great troubleshooting steps already. For the best assistance going forward, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Thanks!

Apple TV 4K Randomly Looses One Audio Channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.