Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to turn off “automatic turn on “ when opening the lid for my macbook pro 2019, how can I do it? I tried the “sudo nvram autoboot

I want to turn off “automatic turn on “ when opening the lid for my macbook pro 2019, how can I do it? I tried the “sudo nvram autoboot=%100” code it didn’t work.

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 5:59 AM

You can disable the automatic boot when opening the display lid by launching the Terminal app and running the following command:

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00

Re-enable Auto Boot with the following command:

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%03

Hope it Helps

4 replies

Sep 7, 2020 7:13 AM in response to Razmkh18

Razmkh18 wrote:

I want to turn off “automatic turn on “ when opening the lid for my macbook pro 2019, how can I do it? I tried the “sudo nvram autoboot=%100” code it didn’t work.

This is not possible the AutoBoot on keypress cannot be disabled. (If you need to wipe clean the key board, reboot holding the Option key and let the Mac sit at the Startup Disk Manager.)

The auto on when lifting the lid, try from Terminal

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00

this disable the "lift the lid" method.

Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

I want to turn off “automatic turn on “ when opening the lid for my macbook pro 2019, how can I do it? I tried the “sudo nvram autoboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.