Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover macOS over the internet

Hi,

My MacBook Pro is stuck on macOS installation over the internet. By mistake I deleted (clean) the my Mac recovery driver. I have created a bootable USB drive (macOS Catalina).

My internet connection is very slow and everytime Mac tries to recover over the internet I get the error -1203F.

Is there any other way to recover my computer other than the internet recovery?

Regards,

Jose Pinto

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 5:38 PM

Unfortunately you’ll need a copy of MacOS to do the recovery. If you wiped out your recovery partition, then your only options are a copy of MacOS on a USB drive or an internet recovery. Be mindful that the image is about 8GB in size so if you have a slow connection it can take a long time or if the connection is unreliable the download can fail.

if I were you, I’d go to a place where they have fast internet and I’d download from there either to the flash drive or to your computer directly via internet recovery.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 5:38 PM in response to joséfromluanda

Unfortunately you’ll need a copy of MacOS to do the recovery. If you wiped out your recovery partition, then your only options are a copy of MacOS on a USB drive or an internet recovery. Be mindful that the image is about 8GB in size so if you have a slow connection it can take a long time or if the connection is unreliable the download can fail.

if I were you, I’d go to a place where they have fast internet and I’d download from there either to the flash drive or to your computer directly via internet recovery.

Sep 7, 2020 9:03 AM in response to joséfromluanda

As Barney-15E said, use the USB drive to reinstall Catalina

Insert in the Mac and turn it on while holding Option to start from the USB installer.

If you have done this and still got to the Internet Recovery, your USB isn't good (maybe just the installer, maybe the stick itself) and you'll need to create a new one.

Hope you have backup of your files.

Recover macOS over the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.