Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photos restore

How do I transfer/restore photos from my icloud back to my camera roll on my iphone? Some of my photos disappeared off my phone but I can still see them on my icloud.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:55 AM

If you enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone, the photos should appear automatically on the iPhone. Or did you delete the photos from your iPhone while the photos have been syncing with iCloud? Then it will be safer to keep the iPhone offline, until you have saved the photos from iCloud to a computer.

Do you have a computer, where you are seeing the photos in Cloud? Then mail the photos to your iPhone or Air Drop them, if you do not want to use iCloud Photos Library to sync the photos to the iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 10:55 AM in response to gal288

If you enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone, the photos should appear automatically on the iPhone. Or did you delete the photos from your iPhone while the photos have been syncing with iCloud? Then it will be safer to keep the iPhone offline, until you have saved the photos from iCloud to a computer.

Do you have a computer, where you are seeing the photos in Cloud? Then mail the photos to your iPhone or Air Drop them, if you do not want to use iCloud Photos Library to sync the photos to the iPhone.

Sep 7, 2020 12:41 PM in response to léonie

Thank you so much for helping, I really appreciate it! I tried to mail the photos from my computer but received them as a link, is that normal? Might be because of the quantity of photos. Also, In my photos app they all show up in a separate shared album where I could only look at them and not save them, as well as a label that reads: "iCloud link available until Oct 7". Does this mean these photos will be shared only until Oct 7 in which they'll disappear again?

icloud photos restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.