Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have documents to submit so I can get phone unlocked

You locked my iPhone plus because I forgot the password that is my phone I bought and paid for it I don’t gives a crappy about you Apple ID I just want my phone when you locked it you said four days and now it’s Sept 28th no no no you have no right to lock a phone that doesn’t belong to you you can keep you Apple ID cause I’ll never use it again hasn't been used since I let the phone service goi am enclosing all the documents that I got from Verizon to prove that it belongs to me so please unlock that phone and do whatever you want with the Apple ID I intend to start calling the tv stations radio stations and anyone who will listen and tell what Apple has done I mean how do you know that the phone doesn’t have a code in it that I need to save my child’s life I just want my phone unlocked and this ordeal over hard to believe all this is over a lousy password

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:44 PM

This is a user helping other users with

tech questions forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

try

https://getsupport.apple.com/

and or

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

and or

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

9 replies

Sep 7, 2020 10:53 PM in response to JRgunter56

Sounds like you forgot the password to your phone, Read this article to restore your phone. If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

You locked my iPhone plus because I forgot the password

Your phone has a software that locks the phone after 6 tries with a 1 min disable that increases as more tries fail. We did not lock your phone nor did Apple. It is a security feature to avoid brute force hacking. Please also note that you are in Apple communities, we are not apple, we are all end users like you.

enclosing all the documents that I got from Verizon to prove that it belongs to me

We don't walk into Apple communities expecting that people are trying to break in to stolen phones.

you said four days and now it’s Sept 28th

Who said four days? The phone can only be disabled up to 24hrs before it has to be restore using iTunes. (unless you are running a very old OS)

please unlock that phone

We can't nor can apple. We do not have the password and cannot control your phone remotely.

I mean how do you know that the phone doesn’t have a code in it that I need to save my child’s life

In the case of emergencies, the option to dial 911 is still available on the lock screen.

hard to believe all this is over a lousy password

A password is a password. It's used to protect your phone against others. Theres no reason to have a password if its so easy to bypass.

Sep 8, 2020 1:14 PM in response to JRgunter56

What I can understand from your post is that

1, Your iPhone is disabled/activation locked

2, You are unable to access your Apple ID to remove the Activation lock because you forgot the password

3, You are trying to recover the password to your Apple ID which will take 3 days to process given that you don't have access to any of your devices.

they **** sure can unlock it they’re the ones that locked it to start

Uhh no they didn't lock it, the software did.

Ok, so activation lock is a completely different thing than passcode lock/disable. You technically did opt in because Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you set up Find My. This is also a theft deterrent, built into the iPhone. Apple didn't straight up lock your phone nor do they have the power to. If you still had your Apple ID and password that was previously used on the device, your device would know that you aren't a thief upon signing in.

More info on Activation Lock and how it is triggered - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

While in activation lock, 911, 110, (IDK what country) is still possible by holding down the power button and either volume button. That will trigger a pop-up menu that gives you the option to make a emergency call or power-down the phone.

As of right now, all you can do is wait for that password to be reset. Nothing else can be done.

Sep 8, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Rudegar

First off my bad I thought I was on Apple Support Second off Apple locked it because Scott activation lock on it I didn’t do that found it and do that Apple did that and that’s funny that you say the phone can’t be disabled for that long is your has been it’s been like that for over a week now and they want me to wait till September 28 to reset the password so don’t tell me they can’t and they **** sure can unlock it they’re the ones that locked it to start with they just need proof of purchase I bought that phone paid for that phone it’s my phone they don’t own it anymore but they had the right to lock me out of it where I can’t use it till September it’s BS and as far as calling 911 that was just a an example of things that could go wrong you can’t call 911from the screen if you don’t have a phone I gave the phone to my daughter to use and now she can’t get in it And a password do you no good if you can’t get in the phone either does it they wouldn’t let us just let me reset the password because I no longer have the phone the phone number on the phone is no longer on the phone because I couldn’t get a code to that number they put activation lock on it so don’t tell me Apple’s BS they the only ones that do that when you lose your password so thanks for your comments but I know what I’m doing

Sep 8, 2020 1:26 PM in response to JRgunter56

Your iPhone or iPad screen lock passcode is NOT known to Apple and is not available to Apple. You set it, and it is stored nowhere else but on your device itself. There is no mechanism nor technology by which Apple can reset anyone’s screen lock passcode.

The one, and the only way to reset a disabled iPhone or iPad is to erase it in itunes to reset it. There is no technology that exists to reset it remotely, nor without erasing it. iOS has been very explicitly designed this way so that if you forget your screen lock passcode, nobody, nobody at all can gain access to the device’s data.

Users are expected to have backed up their important or precious data, and can thus restore their data to their device after it is erased to reset it.

I have documents to submit so I can get phone unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.