Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar issue?

I have a new MacBook Pro 13" updated with the latest OS.

The transfer of Calendar from my previous MacBook (mid 2009) showed an error in iCloud. Now when I open Calendar I have always an hang-up with the message: "Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because an error occurred". Windows: "Try Again Now" "Try Again Later".

How can I start Calendar completely new and transfer the calendar information from my iPhone 6S to the new MacBook?

Thank very much for your help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 3:12 AM

6 replies

Sep 9, 2020 6:24 AM in response to Hues G.

Hello Hues G.,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Pro! We know how important it is to have your calendar data sync properly across your devices so you don't miss appointments or deadlines. You've come to the right place for help.

This link will offer some guidance on what to do when your iCloud Calendar will not sync properly:

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

It will include some steps such as checking the account you're signed in with and date and time settings.

Reach back out to the community if you're still having issues with the data updating after following that resource.

Have a great day!

Sep 15, 2020 2:42 PM in response to Hues G.

Hues G.,

We appreciate you following up and providing that additional information about your calendar and what you wish to accomplish to resolve the issue you're having that it's causing to your system to freeze up. If you would like to delete then add your calendar back, the resource below will walk you through this:

Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac

If you're still experiencing issues let us know what type of account the calendar is attached to, the community will reach out from there.

Take care!

Sep 27, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Hues G.

Hues G.,

When you open System Preferences from the Apple Menu and then Internet Accounts are you able to turn off or remove the accounts you have set up for your Calendar access? The link below will offer some more guidance when you have trouble with your calendar:

Troubleshoot Calendar problems on Mac

Keep us posted if you're still having trouble.

Have a good day!

Sep 9, 2020 6:58 AM in response to i_rina

Hello i_rina,

Thank you for your help.

Please note that Contacts, Reminders, ... are syncing without any problems.

The issue I have with Calendar is: When I open Contacts the program is freezing immediately with the messages: Try Again Now - Try Again Later, as mentioned in the attached screenshot. I cannot access anything else. I can only click on one of these two messages and they come back immediately.

I would like to reset or reload Calendar on my new MacBook.

I verified all other items as recommended.

Kind regards,

Gilbert

Calendar issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.