Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iphone camera roll missing after backup restored from iCloud

I have just restored my backup on iphone 11 through iCloud. While backing up, I vividly remember that the iCloud photos setting was ON. Now all the photos that were clicked on iphone 11 are missing after restoration, all the photos from previous phone got restored successfully.

Can someone help in resolving the issue or shall I consider all the photos to be permanently deleted?

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 11:57 AM

ayushr1995 Said:

"Photos from iphone camera roll missing after backup restored from iCloud: Can someone help in resolving the issue or shall I consider all the photos to be permanently deleted?"

-------

Set Up iCloud Photos:

Go Here: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Was Photos is clicked in iCloud on your iPhone? Try enabling it, if not already enabled. See where things go from there.

To Enable this:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: [your name]
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Tap: iCloud Photos (So that it is green)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 11:57 AM in response to ayushr1995

ayushr1995 Said:

"Photos from iphone camera roll missing after backup restored from iCloud: Can someone help in resolving the issue or shall I consider all the photos to be permanently deleted?"

-------

Set Up iCloud Photos:

Go Here: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Was Photos is clicked in iCloud on your iPhone? Try enabling it, if not already enabled. See where things go from there.

To Enable this:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: [your name]
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Tap: iCloud Photos (So that it is green)

Sep 9, 2020 6:22 AM in response to ayushr1995

ayushr1995 Said:

"Photos from iphone camera roll missing after backup restored from iCloud: Before backing up, the setting icloud photos was turned ON, but I am not able to recover photos clicked by my iphone."

-------

I. Using Another Device for Photos:

Try iCloud from another device, and see if you can actually see those photos. Go to: https://www.icloud.com too.

II. Obtaining these on your iPhone:

Reinstall the iOS and by performing and update. That may fix all of the bugs and issues you are having with Photos.

A. To Update an iPhone:

Update your iPhone using:

• the iPhone itself
  • Mac, or
  • PC, even.

B. How to do so....

Two Major Steps: - Backup then Update

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer

2. Then, Update Using these Links:

Photos from iphone camera roll missing after backup restored from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.