Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into to iCloud using authenticator - no pop up window

Hello, again, I can't log into iCloud on my MacBook Pro. It happened before, but I can't remember how the issue was resolved with your help. So I enter my password in the window and then I get the 6-digit number from two-factor authenticator. But I have nowhere to insert this number. The computer asks me again for my password and then I get the authenticator number again. and so around and around in circles. Actually the computer tells me to insert the password following by authenticator number. So I even tried inserting that IN THE SAME FIELD, but it obviously doesn't work.

Help please!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 2:30 PM

With a computer running an OS before El Capitan (10.11) It should work to enter the password immediately followed by the code in the same field. See the instructions below from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 2:30 PM in response to masha32

With a computer running an OS before El Capitan (10.11) It should work to enter the password immediately followed by the code in the same field. See the instructions below from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Can't log into to iCloud using authenticator - no pop up window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.