Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone always resumes to music , i want to resume to last thing I was playing

Before my podcasts would resume playing whenever my phone connected with the my car’s bluetooth, my bt headphones or after a phone call. Now it reverts back to the music app. Is there a setting I’m missing that’s causing this to happen?

its really annoying

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:06 PM

Download & install the latest iOS update on your phone, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Also make sure that your car bluetooth version or firmware is updated, you may need to contact your car bluetooth manufacturer or car manufacturer about it.

Disconnect or unpair your car bluetooth from your phone (Settings > Bluetooth) & also disconnect your phone from your car bluetooth dashboard. Rename your phone by going to Settings > General > About and change the Name. Then try to pair and connect it to your car's bluetooth & test it.

If the issue persists, backup & restore your phone as new then test it again. Follow - How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings otherwise you may need to bring in your phone for service.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 8:06 PM in response to camicov

Download & install the latest iOS update on your phone, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Also make sure that your car bluetooth version or firmware is updated, you may need to contact your car bluetooth manufacturer or car manufacturer about it.

Disconnect or unpair your car bluetooth from your phone (Settings > Bluetooth) & also disconnect your phone from your car bluetooth dashboard. Rename your phone by going to Settings > General > About and change the Name. Then try to pair and connect it to your car's bluetooth & test it.

If the issue persists, backup & restore your phone as new then test it again. Follow - How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings otherwise you may need to bring in your phone for service.

Iphone always resumes to music , i want to resume to last thing I was playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.