Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email signature doesn't appear in the latest Catalina Mail

Hi All,

I've tried all sorts of online instructions and i just can't get an email signature to work.

I create a new mail and it doesn't appear automatically or I create a new mail and NO signature appears under the drop down....

What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance

James

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 11:40 AM

James,

That is correct about the new admin user. We can do that using the steps from the section "Add a user" here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know if there are any questions about setting up the user after you look over the steps, or what happens with the Mail app signature in the new user account.

Thanks!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 11:40 AM in response to Bluewhistle

James,

That is correct about the new admin user. We can do that using the steps from the section "Add a user" here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know if there are any questions about setting up the user after you look over the steps, or what happens with the Mail app signature in the new user account.

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2020 7:01 AM in response to Bluewhistle

Hey there Bluewhistle,

We understand you're having issues with the Mail app signature feature. It either is not available in the drop-down menu or doesn't appear automatically. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, we'd recommend double-checking the steps you're using to create and select the signature using the steps here: Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac

Make sure to notate the section about automatically adding them to emails.

If the issue persists, try adjusting your signature to something else. It's possible it may be related to formatting. Generally, a less complex signature will be good for testing.

And if it still occurs, we could create a new user account on your Mac to help us determine if there is something on the account causing issues. To create the new user, check out the steps here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know how that goes. Cheers!

Sep 10, 2020 8:02 AM in response to Bluewhistle

James,

Thanks for going through those steps. At this point, creating a new admin user account would be a good isolation step for us. You can delete it after testing.

Additionally, we can use safe mode to troubleshoot and isolate further. Safe mode disables certain things from starting up and clears some caches. Start in safe mode and test the signatures there, then reboot and try again in normal mode with the account you normally use. Follow these steps: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2020 6:53 AM in response to Bluewhistle

Bluewhistle,

Thanks for the update. With the new user created, we'll want to set up the Mail app with your account and test the signature to see if the same thing happens there. This is an isolation step for us.

Once you know if it is working, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly and let them know your findings. They can continue on from there. Reach out with this link: Get Support

Take care!

Email signature doesn't appear in the latest Catalina Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.