Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 Macbook Pro "bluetooth not available"

Attempted to use bluetooth on 2017 Macbook Pro and it says "bluetooth not available" It isn't a button on System Preferences, had to dig to find it and can't turn it on? Had Mohave didn't work, upgraded to Catalina, still doesn't work.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:28 AM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2020 4:44 AM in response to kaz-k

I reset the Bluetooth, restarted my computer and and it worked (at least for 20 seconds or so). As soon as I attempted to connect my keyboard it all disappeared again. Back to Bluetooth Not Available again. I tried it again with similar results. Does anyone have a clue what is causing this?

My MacBook Pro is a late 2013 model running Catalina Ver. 10.15.6 I don't type well on laptops and I really rely on the Bluetooth keyboard. Please help!!

Nov 26, 2020 10:24 AM in response to kaz-k

The problem for me is the Bluetooth icon does not appear in the System Preferences area and these instructions given in a recent link do not work:

"Holding the Shift + Option (Alt) keys on your Mac's keyboard, click the Bluetooth symbol in the top-right corner of the macOS menu bar. (If you don't see it there, you need to check Show Bluetooth in menu bar in System Preferences -> Bluetooth.)"

2017 Macbook Pro "bluetooth not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.