Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchpad and Keyboard freezed after wakeup

Hi,

Since a few days I've noticed that the keyboard and touchpad on my MacBook Pro 13" aren't reacting after waking it up.

When I try to raise the lift, or (if it has not been closed) place my finger on the TouchID sensor, I can login but I am not able to use either touchpad or type on the keyboard.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2,4 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core

8 GB

Catalina 10.15.6

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Hello i_rina,

I've discovered what is causing the issue:

basically the issue in specific is touchpad and keyboard wakeup delay after turning back on the MacBook from sleep.

The issue is caused by the VPN APP Astrill.

Without Astrill everything is normal!

Thanks again

3 replies

Sep 10, 2020 7:51 AM in response to pstmrc

Hello pstmrc,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your MacBook Pro after waking it from sleep, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. Get started here: If your Apple keyboard doesn't work

Also, we recommend testing this behavior in safe mode as shown here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

This article will provide you with steps to take if the issue does, or does not, continue in this mode. We hope this helps!

Take care.

Touchpad and Keyboard freezed after wakeup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.