Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing sound on Bluetooth devices.

This morning on my iPhone 11 pro max the sound on my Bluetooth device fades and I loose sound completely. Every time it has happened I've gone to Settings and the Bluetooth connection is still on. My latest update is iOS 16.6.1.

I am able to restore sound if I switch from the device I am using to another device, then switch back first device. (I say ”device” because it happens using my Airpods or an external Bluetooth speaker.) Also, if I go to SettiIngs and turn the main Bluetooth option off, then back on again it fixes the problem. HOWEVER, the problem is that after around five minutes or so, after using either ”fix”, the sound will fade out again.

Any ideas for a permanent fix?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 8:57 AM

Hi lrossga,

Thanks for your post! We understand the audio on your Bluetooth device will fade. Have you tried to disconnect and forget the Bluetooth device? Follow the steps to disconnect and 'Forget this Device' in the support article below.

Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the iOS. First, we suggest you create a recent backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, even though the article does not address your exact issue, follow the steps listed to place your device into Recovery and reinstall the iOS update.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 8:57 AM in response to lrossga

Hi lrossga,

Thanks for your post! We understand the audio on your Bluetooth device will fade. Have you tried to disconnect and forget the Bluetooth device? Follow the steps to disconnect and 'Forget this Device' in the support article below.

Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the iOS. First, we suggest you create a recent backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, even though the article does not address your exact issue, follow the steps listed to place your device into Recovery and reinstall the iOS update.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Losing sound on Bluetooth devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.