Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Mojave

I have an iMac C1***NCR running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. It is running incredibly slowly, taking at least a minute or two to open up any App (e.g. Word) or even to open a document when Word is already open. The hard drive has only used about 10% of its capacity, so it is not overloaded. I thought that perhaps I should instal Mojave, but when I click on Open on the Mojave installation site it tells me that it is "damaged" and can't be run. Any suggestions on what I should do please?

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Installing Mojave won't necessarily make your Mac any faster. However, to do so, delete "Install macOS Mojave" from the applications folder then try again while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Before you do that…

Install EtreCheck and post the report. Allow Full Disk Access.

http://etrecheck.com/

Use the Additional Text icon to paste in the report.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 9:30 AM in response to rosalie249

Installing Mojave won't necessarily make your Mac any faster. However, to do so, delete "Install macOS Mojave" from the applications folder then try again while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Before you do that…

Install EtreCheck and post the report. Allow Full Disk Access.

http://etrecheck.com/

Use the Additional Text icon to paste in the report.

Sep 9, 2020 9:55 AM in response to rosalie249

I never try a system upgrade to troubleshoot a problem.

I second dialabrain's excellent selection to post the EtreCheck report. That will save you playing a protracted game of "20 Questions" with us to ferret out your iMac's technical specs, software load, and RAM and drive performance.

That said, about 95% of "slow 21.5-inch iMac" complaints here turn out to be the slow hard drives that Apple used in 2012 to 2019 21.5-inch iMacs. Adding RAM or upgrading the OS cannot fix that.

Install Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.