Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Picture: Auto Correct, How to Disable

Hi.

iPhone seems to auto correct many aspects of a photo it is about to take. In case of currently with smoke covering the skies, I am not able to take a picture that actually shows the brownish color of the cloudy skies.

This isn't the only reason, but I finally decided to write and see if there is a way to keep iPhone from automatically correcting when it takes pictures.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 9:30 AM

Greetings Farzad_K,

We understand that you would like make some adjustments to the Camera settings on your iPhone, and we'd like to help. Follow the steps found here to make those adjustments:

Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone

Take care.

3 replies

Sep 14, 2020 8:09 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks for your message. Per the link you referenced:

---------------------------------------

Turn off automatic HDR

By default, iPhone automatically uses HDR when it’s most effective. To manually control HDR instead, do the following:

• On iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max: Go to Settings  > Camera, turn off Smart HDR. Then from the camera screen, tap HDR to turn it off or on.

-------------------------------------------

I do't see a "camera" after I get into settings.

Also, I am not trying to enable or disable HDR. I want iPhone not to make "any" adjustments to the exposure or color balance. It looks like it automatically does a white balance, turning most natural colors into unnatural colors. I specified, for example, that I want to capture color of smoke in the atmosphere, but iPhone is not smart enough to understand that the brownish color is not a color cast and removes it.

iPhone people, if you are listening: please provide a little tick somewhere in the App and let users enable or disable the automatic adjustments to colors.

Farzad

iPhone Picture: Auto Correct, How to Disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.